The School Committee has responsibility for supporting the academic and pastoral objectives of the school. Being a Member of our Committee is a key and strategic way to bring about an informed change within our schools and Committee Members represent a powerful force in the drive for school improvement.
Having regard to the Committee’s Objective, you will be able to bring your views and experience to help the vision of the school. Individual Members have a real opportunity to contribute to discussions that affect all aspects of school life.
We want all our children to grow up in a society in which everyone has the chance to make the most of themselves and contribute positively. You, along with your fellow Committee Members, have a vital role to play in helping to make sure every child has the best start in life. You will be an intrinsic part of the Foundation’s aim to build an education system that is not only universally excellent, but universally responsive to its users too.
The School Committee has members from the following categories:
Yusuf Islam Foundation representative
Independent member appointed
The school staff and parent representatives are appointed or elected by their peers.
Among the objectives of the committee are to:-
- ensure that a broad curriculum is offered at the school, taking into account the school’s Islamic identity and the requirements of the National Curriculum
- have due regard for the Islamic identity of the school, ensuring that a positive image is always portrayed internally and externally
- have a vision and annual plan to forge better links with the local community and local schools and organisations
- ensure that national professional standards are maintained and exceeded
- ensure that students as a whole are given the best opportunities and encouragement to make academic progress and develop to their full potential
- ensure that all students are supported in their career choices and given the necessary exposure to a wide range of professions
- prioritise the welfare and safety of the children at all times
- ensure that the school has relevant and up to date policies and procedures and that these are implemented and monitored
- engage the parent community to contribute to the school’s development
- ensure the school maintains a good standard of communication with parents, through school reports, parents’ evenings and newsletters
- ensure the continued professional development of all staff